Does your work leave you under stress at the end of the day? Here are some tips to revitalize the senses:
If all you want to do after a day’s work is to just hit the sack, then you have to learn some of the following tricks to enhance your mood.
- Massage miracle. Rub scented oil between your palms then gently massage your temples, forehead and the back of your neck with your fingers. If you want to be invigorated, choose oils with mint, eucalyptus and juniper. To calm your senses, cucumber, lavender and chamomile are tops.
- Silky hands. Soak hands in a bowl of warm soapy water for about ten minutes. Dry hands with a towel then rub a heavy-duty cream into your hands, nails and cuticles. Push back cuticles gently. Slip hands into a pair of cotton gloves for two hours.
- Pretty footsies. Soak feet into a tub of warm water with Epsom salt or mineral foot soak for ten minutes. Towel off then gently rub away calluses and dead skin cells using a pumice stone. Follow it up with a slathering of a creamy moisturizer. Give yourself a massage by kneading the balls of your feet, toes, soles and backs of your heels.
- Soothing the senses. If you have a tub, pour a capful of moisturizing bath foam under the faucet then fill your tub with warm water. Add in a few moisturizing bath beads and relax. Light some scented candles to complete the mood.
Heard of TFT-Thought Field Therapy?
A new line of healing is fast becoming popular these days. It’s called TFT–Thought Field Therapy. TFT is similar to acupuncture as it taps on specific treatment points. At the same time, it entails tuning your mind into the problem. TFT can relieve you of stress, anger, guilt, grief and other negative feelings that hinder happiness.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Rate your stress level. This is the first step. From a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest, rate each negative feeling. By doing so, you will realize how much effect a negative feeling has on you.
2. Breathe deeply. As you do so, touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Exhale through your nose as you bring your tongue to rest on the floor of your mouth. As you do this deep breathing, imagine a balancing beam. Repeat the procedure for two minutes.
3. Use an affirmation. Rub the area around your heart as you repeat this phrase: I completely accept myself.”
4. Aim at your stress points. Start from the area under your eyes. Press for five seconds. Then move to the point just between your nose and lips. Press for five seconds. Transfer to the point under your lips (center) then press again for five seconds. Next, press the point under your arm (armpit) and lastly, press at your collarbone. These points serve as emotional reset buttons. When pressed in sequence, your negative emotion will disappear.